No girl should be denied the opportunity to attend her high school dance because of financial difficulties
Belle of the Ball Project is a 501(C) 3 non-profit organization, which provides prom, homecoming, and dresses to high school girls in Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Polk, Hernando, Citrus. and surrounding counties for their high school dances. Sun Country Cleaners is the largest collection point for the donated dresses and gowns and donates the dry cleaning and pressing as well. Volunteers served 576 girls in 2016 from 7 counties at their boutique! 277 of these girls were from Pinellas County public schools, 121 from Hillsborough county!
Due to generous donors of dresses and Sun Country Cleaners’ 39 collection sites, we were able to collect more dresses than we needed and were delighted to also supply the below organizations in line with Belle of Ball Project:
- 500 dresses to the St. Petersburg based The Gathering of Women’s “Princess Project” for their event,
- 200 dresses to Crystal River High School for their closet
- 1,000 dresses to the Tim Tebow “Night To Shine” for their event (thru churches in Clearwater, Tampa, Trinity, Lakeland, Bradenton, Englewood, Ocala and Gainsville)
- 150 dresses to the Mt. Alverna high school in Kingston, Jamacia, for their prom (second year) thru their Tampa- based alumni association.
- 200 dresses to Cinderella’s Project in Citrus county for their event, *200 dresses to Shriner’s Hospital for their event.
They are a 100% volunteer organization and rely on donations and volunteers to distribute dresses twice a year—usually four dates in the Fall for homecoming and 4 dates again in the Spring for prom. High school girls can also get dresses for home school dances and military balls during these dates. Belle of the Ball Project volunteers have created a beautifully decorated 5,000 sq. ft. boutique for girls’ shopping enjoyment. They can choose from over 3,000 dresses organized by size and color. Many of the dresses are new with tags. Girls can also can choose from our selection of shoes, purses and jewelry, each with their own “department”.
Girls qualify for a dress if they appear in person and attest that they are currently having financial difficulties. No documentation is necessary. Volunteers provide all forms. Girls also qualify if they have been referred by school or agency officials, or other non-profit organization. No referral letter is required. We operate on the Honor system
Prom 2017 shopping day dates are March 25, April 8, April 22, and May 6. These are the only days to receive a dress.
Our 3,000+ dress boutique is located at 1210 Holt Ave. Clearwater, FL 33755.
For additional information please visit our Website: Belleoftheballproject.com